Conference Paper Proposal

Utilizing an outline I’ve learned, I was able to create a fake proposal to enter a conference.

• gap statement
  • the research question which fills the gap
  • speak about project
  • thesis
  • explain importance

The history of the United States of America has been studied to near redundancy, the initial development of how foreign settlers individually claimed parts of the east coast of America to later become the 13 colonies is well known. However, I believe that the well-known roots of America have not been correlated to specific generational values that result in differences in identities today. I would argue that the postcolonial intersectionality and identities of today’s states had their genesis in specific groups of settlers such as the Puritans, the Dutch, and Indentured Servants. I believe that significant information can be found by comparing the known values of previous settlers and the current identities of their respective descendants. To pursue research into this correlation, I will compile a comprehensive historical list of who settled in America when, what their background consists of, as well as what they’ve experienced in their time in America; with this information, I will compare it with research in the areas from which these settlers’ descendants should be located and where their values lie. This study should reveal that previous political, religious, and economic values correlate directly with the intersectionality that is found in America today. I believe that more research into this area of study should be conducted, this can hopefully provide aid in areas such as political science, provide insight into specific behaviors in certain states as well as tear down the intersectionality between borders to create a more United America.